My oh my how quickly has time flown by! It’s been almost a month since my last blog post, and for that I apologize. The reality is that I haven’t been doing anything too crazy, mostly just enjoying my summer vacation with friends and family. I hope you all had a wonderful summer and long weekend!
Like many students in Ontario, I start school tomorrow. I’m heading into my grade 11 year, a very important and very busy year that I plan on making the best of. I’ve got a rather crazy course load, but I have some pretty cool teachers and classmates so it’ll be okay.
As I start my third year of high school, I’ve come up with a few things to always keep in mind.
- Start with a positive attitude, and keep it up year round. It’ll make things more fun and the year will go by faster.
- Stay organized. School can be frustrating when you’re getting a lot of work and papers, so the easiest way not to get stressed is by keeping everything organized.
- Stay away from the drama. Except for the course, because that’s pretty cool.
- Always be kind. It’s pretty simple, but it can make a huge difference in people’s lives.
- It’s okay to need help. Personally, I wouldn’t be where I am if it weren’t for my friends and family. Even one person supporting you makes a huge difference.
- Take breaks and reward yourself. This is one I always have an issue with, because I’m always on the go. Unless you want to burnout before the year ends, stop and take breaks when you need them.
- Communicate! With friends, family, classmates, and especially teachers! They are there to help you, but they can’t if you don’t keep them in the know!
- Join extra curricular activities! If you’re schedule permits, join a club or two that interests you. You’ll meet new people, do something you like, and you’ll have one more thing for your resume.
- Keep “your spaces” organized. By that I mean your locker, desk, etc. Unless you want to always be losing things, in which case go ahead.
- ENJOY YOURSELF! Although it may not seem like it, high school goes by fast so try and enjoy as much of it as possible.
Those weren’t in any particular order, more just some of my random thoughts. To everyone who has already returned to school or will be soon, have a wonderful school year. I wish you the best of luck!