Hey there! So I meant to post this quite a while ago… but then life happened.

As I posted on my Facebook and Instagram, my trip to France has come to an end! If you haven’t read all about it, you can check out all the posts in the TRAVEL section of my blog. But in the meantime, let me catch you up on what’s going on!

Very early Tuesday morning (so early that it was still Monday in all of Canada) I woke up, ready to return home but SO not ready for the exhausting trip that was to come. After an emotional goodbye with my host family, I got on a two hour train ride back to Paris. At the airport we checked in and my suitcase weighed 22.9kg (For those that don’t know, the max. is 23!) So basically, I’m an expert at packing ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyways, we got there a lot earlier than planned… just in time to be delayed by a bomb threat. Now this is the part where most people would freak out and be like “uhhhhh a what now?” but you’d be surprised how often it happens. It happened on the way to France too. Basically, if a suitcase if left unattended for too long, they just blow it up (AKA DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STUFF UNATTENDED.) They made us move to the complete opposite area of where we needed to go, and we ended up having to walk outside and around the area.

The rest of the trip was uneventful. We were on a brand new airbus which meant awesome entertainment, making the 8.5 hour trip slightly more bearable. I watched a lot of movies and T.V., and well as lots of music and reading. I was a little surprised to hear the flight attendants asking us to put our seatbelts on, since the time had gone by pretty quickly.

Flash forward to meeting my parents. There was a lot of squealing. My parents (being the amazing parents they are) got me flowers and balloons and even brought my crown to the airport! It was such a great feeling to see them again, but we didn’t have a lot of time to waste, as I had my next meeting in an hour! (Mind you, this is a Tuesday afternoon in Toronto – aka the worst time of day to drive because traffic.)

At this meeting, I got to see my two best friends and my arts camp family! Next week is arts camp, and I couldn’t be more excited! But more on that later, because you can bet there will be a post just for that!

I decided to make a poor decision and go to school the next morning, ignoring the fact that it was 8pm when I got home and that I had been up for 21 hours. Well that was… interesting. By the end of the day, I wanted to cry I was so tired. It was overwhelming to see everybody, to go my usual classes, to be back to my old routine. But I’m slowly settling in, and although I wake up at 7 everyday, I’m slowly getting used to the time zones.

Now that I’m back, you can expect to see lots of posts relating to my title. My first event will be right after arts camp, with at least one (but probably more) every weekend after that. Hope you’re ready! (Because I don’t know if I am ๐Ÿ˜› )

Until next time!

Xoxo, Cristina

P.S. I apologize for the no picture post… But I doubt you want to see jet lagged me as it is ๐Ÿ˜›

Written by: Cristina

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *